Hello Runners – This is just an email reminder of our upcoming races! Saturday, October 5, 2019 marks the date of the 27th Annual NH Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K Road Race & Kids Race at Newfound Lake. If you’re on this list, you are registered for an event! And here are some final announcements & reminders:
– All races begin at 9am! The Marathon & 10K start right on Lake St. in Bristol just outside the Newfound Memorial Middle School (NMMS) where all runners check-in. The School is located at 155 North Main St. in Bristol, NH 03222.
–Early Start: For those runners who are not able to complete the course in 7 hours we are offering an early start. Please be at the finish line at 7:30 AM to report to the timing truck that you are starting early. Note: There will be no race support on the course until after 9:00 AM.
– Half Marathon Start: Is located just beyond Sculptured Rocks in Groton (13.1 miles away). We bus half marathoners out to their starting location – REMINDER TO ALL HALF MARATHONERS: FINAL BUS LEAVES NMMS PARKING LOT AT 8AM SHARP!! Registration starts at 7 am at the Newfound Memorial Middle School. PLEASE NOTE: We are asking all half marathoners to ride the bus and not be dropped off at starting line. The drop off causes road safety issues and bogs down the buses and the runners. If you insist, please have driver drop you off at DROP OFF HERE SIGN.
– Parking: We have volunteer parking attendants at the school that will lead you to the first available spot when you drive in. This can take a few extra minutes – so plan ahead & leave early to give yourself enough time to get parked & checked in, especially if you’re in the half!
– Packet Pickup: Available Friday 10/4 from 4:30-6:30pm (please no runners on school grounds until 4:30pm) & Saturday 10/5 from 7:00–8:45am both in NMMS cafeteria.
– Pasta Dinner: This wonderful pre-race meal is held on Friday night, 10/4 from 5-7:30pm at the Bristol Masonic Hall located at 61 Pleasant St. in Bristol (about 1/4 of a mile from NMMS). It is not too late to join either – if you want to go to the pasta dinner, just show up & pay $10 at the door to get in! This dinner has been called the “best pasta dinner in the country” by one of our participants & they should know… they’ve run a marathon in all 50 states!
– Chip Timing: The NH Marathon will use the Chrono Track Systems B-Tag to time all runners. The single-use timing mechanism is on the back of the bib, therefore, the bib number cannot be folded or altered and must be worn on the outer most layer of clothing on the front of the body. This device will track all runners finish time as they cross the finish line mat. The start time is off of the gun as we don’t have start mats down.
– Registration: Is still open! Feel free to recruit other runners… online registration is open until Wednesday 10/2 at 8am & we accept race day registration as well. To save time, runners can print out an entry form (click here) from our website, complete it and bring it in on race day with their payment.
– Race photography: We do not have an official photographer this year. We will be posting pictures from volunteers on Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/nh.marathon/
– Water Stops: There are water/sports drink stops just about every 2 miles spread out along the course. You can view more race details here – https://nhmarathon.com/race-details/ including a course map with water stops & toilet facilities marked out.
There will also be plenty of refreshments for runners at the finish line, showers are available in the school & there is entertainment in the park. We hope that runners will hang out after the race, cheer on other runners & take advantage of all the NH Marathon has to offer!
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact the NH Marathon at [email protected] or call at 603-744-2713.
Thanks, good luck & we’ll see you on Saturday the 5th!!